Coup de grâce for the passionfruit...





So much for the passionfruit this year.... Grease spot has put an end to the plant once and for all and it has to come out. I have planted a new one well away from the affected area and it will be a year or two before it bears fruit.


I put a couple of crown pumkins in to see how they would go. Hopefully, they can be tamed to some extent. There is a tree one can clamber over and the other has taken off up against the fence. I thought space would be a problem, but we will see...


It is still a bit early to pick the plums and the ones that fall to the ground are stewed and added to muesli. It is a good crop and it will be interesting to see next season's results.


The lettuces are going to seed again... time to put in another lot. With all the tomatoes ripening now it is great having fresh salads each day.


More scraps to toss around the plants here and there. There are no sparrows about at the moment and I wonder if it may be due to spray drift from the kiwifruit orchards. Either that or Kit has been prowling around scaring them off.


This is the first flower on the newly planted Dublin Bay rose... one of my favourites. It will take over from the diseased passionfruit and head up over the gazebo.


There are several pieces of material I want to make up, but having to thread the overlocker is a nightmare. It got into this state because I fogot to close the doors out onto the deck and the wind came up once my back was turned and blew all the cottons into this knotted mess.

It will need to be done tomorrow... I've run out of excuses and depending on my frame of mind, it will be sorted out... or thrown off the deck!



Comments

Popular Posts