JUST ANOTHER DAY....




I have had enough of rain and cool temperatures... roll on summer! A time to pick a few flowers for the vase, stroll to the shops without an umbrella, and have a natter to someone without a shower or gust of wind blowing my hair about. 


I feel a baking mood coming on..... Apple crumble for starters. 


This is how they looked last season. Can you ever have too many fruit trees? Absolutely not! It is amazing how much can grow on a small section. It doesn't take a paddock!

Blueberries do very well in tubs and with just three, we have masses of them every year. However, I finally decided to take out the boysenberries before any more escaped ... They were coming up everywhere! I had visions of blackberry bushes and the problem of getting rid of them. An overreaction maybe, but better to be sure........

Well, just what is happening weatherwise? A trip into town, shopping list ready and bus due any moment and darn it! Grab the umbrella, throw on a jacket and tear out the door with seconds to spare. Once there, pushed along by a tail wind, battle with umbrella, handbag and composure and all I can think of is roll on summer!



Comments

Popular Posts