ENJOYING THE COMFORTS OF HOME




Crumbed chicken pieces garnished with fried onion, roast vegetables and greens is a quick and easy meal to throw together. So many different flavours can be added to the coating making it a fun dish in which to experiment. I find cramming the vegetables and chicken pieces into a small shallow dish avoids drying out. Succulent chicken and crispy brown vegetables... Yum..........


Craig and I are on a race at the moment to see who can lose the most weight. After today's fare we have decided on poached eggs for dinner tomorrow which Craig has down to a fine art. Producing a perfect result every time... most likely down to his methodical ways. He is so unlike me.



Popping a fruit cake into the hot oven rather than letting it cool down empty seemed like a good idea. It will improve in flavour and moisten up in a few days. 


Well... I'm not too sure about how happy I will be tomorrow morning after jumping on the scales... Craig on the other hand, will be fine. He doesn't like sultanas. :-)


Kit seems happy enough to be inside sprawled out in front of the fire. He spent a good part of the day chasing around after leaves. So much energy and he is on the go all day... tearing up and down trees and visiting the neighbourhood.


This is my latest toy...  Boy, it's hard to put it down! Each day I discover more things I can do with it and the possibilities seem endless. Videos and photographs produce a clear and professional result and I can puzzle to my heart's content and while away the days playing scrabble and the like. To begin with I thought it may be a bit beyond me, but in a short time I have pretty much mastered a good few of the things I wanted to do... Only a drop in the bucket I know to those of you way ahead of me.

Time slips by so quickly and making the most of homely living brings much happiness and contentment..............




Comments

Popular Posts