So much for just swanning about........


The past week has been fraught with annoyances, starting with a visit to Bunnings to buy a new spark plug for the lawnmower, and the thingy to remove it. It also seemed like a good idea to check out a suitable file in order to keep Corban's nails clipped, and on the way, I came across self-adhesive tiles for the upstairs loo. I learned that one packet covers a metre and a half, I think it was:  time to pace it out on the floor.  But I've had better ideas in the past, and this wasn't one of them.


This wasn't one of them either...

Anyway, as I stretched one foot out, the slippery floor simply --  did the rest: there was an impromptu can-can, followed by a clumsy attempt at the splits, before going, head-over-turkey, and being literally floored by my own rendition.

So, is it all there on camera...........?  Hopefully, a power surge took care of that lot.

Anyway, after fitting the spark-plug and no joy, it ended up being some sort of carburetta problem and required a new part, and a few other bits and pieces. All which Craig footed the bill for, thank heavens.

So, now that is sorted out, peace-perfect-peace........... Not quite -- can't get online. Time for a chill-pill...........!

After phoning my ISP and arranging for a replacement modem, I filled the next two days with gardening and finished off the book I was reading. But --  after installing the new modem -- same problem..........Two chill-pills!

Another call to my ISP, and after a thorough process of elimination, it turned out a double adapter was causing problem. A clumsy apology, my offer to pay for the replacement modem, kindly declined, and now I have two modems.   Whoopee........................!




"What a stupid idea, think I'll just sleep on it instead."









Comments

Popular Posts